of Papua New Guinea
Diocese of Port Moresby
Purpose of the Mothers' Union
The Purpose of the Mothers' Union is to be specially concerned with all that strengthens and preserves marriage and Christian family life.
The Aim of the Mothers' Union
The Aim of the Mothers' Union is the advancement of the Christian religion in the areas of marriage and family life.
The Five Objects of the Mothers' Unionare:
- To uphold Christ's teaching on what marriage is and to help spread a better understanding of it in the community.
- To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the church.
- To maintain a World Wide Fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service.
- To work in the community so that family life is protected and strengthened and children receive all they need to grow up into happy and healthy adults.
- To help those people whose family life is suffering because of troubles and difficulties.